“…when you hear people laughing together…”

…there is just something very special about that.
I think the world should know my mom, and they’d be all the better for having her influences on their lives. When I sat down to interview her, it became like an everyday conversation. With a familiar, laughable anecdote, and an infectious laugh, I’m proud to showcase her personality. I’d like you to meet my mom.

15 thoughts on ““…when you hear people laughing together…””

1. katy,
    I thought your story was really sweet. It really showed how close a mother daughter relationship can be. Your mom seems as if she is a really fun, loving kind of person.

2. This story makes me laugh every time. The sound of laughter is so wonderful and the interviewee has a wonderful and contagious laugh. It is evident, in listening to this story, that the participants enjoyed talking with one another. Being able to hear this in the voices, one can’t help but smile while listening to the story. Sharing a laugh and making others smile is truly a wonderful gift. Thanks for this little treasure!

3. Hi Katy!

I enjoyed listening to your interview of your mother. Wild story about the horse, and terrifying about driving at 140 MPH! Maybe it was good preparation for having a daughter 🙂 Daughters can be a wild and crazy ride, too…

4. Katie! That was great! What a wonderful way to showcase and preserve memories. Your Mom does truly have an infectious laugh. My week is not complete until I hear that “Sue Giggle”. I’m sure it was hard to edit it down to just 3-5 minutes…your mom has some great stories!

5. Hi Katie – thank you and your Mom for making me laugh. I enjoyed your interview because laughter is a big part of my family too and we get through hard times because of our ability to laugh together. Cherish these moments with your Mom.

6. “Ticklish.” Awesome so glad thats how I’m remembered. I miss those laughs. Kate I told you I wasn’t the favorite. I really would have liked to hear more about the first born child. Awesome job Katie , great interview choice.

7. Katie, Great interview – I wonder if your Mom is telling you ALL of the stories her parents didn’t know about! I think you would really be laughing. I now know why she was yelling at Owen “stupid stupid stupid” when he crashed the car. she was probably flashing back to her own past! now we can all laugh together about her! thankfully no one was hurt -then we wouldnt be laughing. I also remeber being taught by your mother how to ride my bike around the driveway like it was a horse and we were in a show. We would jump over logs. Well, I crashed and cut my knee to the bone – I wasn’t laughing. Thanks for sharing – I love you and your Mom very much!
    Uncle Sam

8. Is laughter a hereditary trait, or is it a learned behavior…sorta like that “laughter therapy”? I started laughing from IL, when I heard the grundy story!! Funny how two smaller boys could’ve rigged that up…who was supervising? It must have been the one laughing in the interview….

9. o man! this really made my day. its really nice to “hear” you and your mom, especially that laugh! that endearing chuckle that always greet you with a BIG SMILE. nice job on this Katie and I bet it was not the easiest of tasks because i wanted to hear MORE so i’m sure you wanted to include more…

ciao,

joey

PS… owen is ticklish – ROTFL

10. I’m still laughing – I laugh every time I listen to the interview – and I’m laughing at the comments

poet e. e. cummings (1894 – 1962) once wrote: “The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.”

peter ustinov said “I was irrevocably betrothed to laughter, the sound of which has always seemed to me to be the most civilized music in the world.”

kahlil gibran (1883 – 1931) wrote in “the prophet”: “and in the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter and the sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.”

and finally i would add that like i join with uncle albert, bert and mary poppins in singing:

We love to laugh
    Loud and long and clear
    We love to laugh
    So ev’rybody can hear
    The more you laugh
    The more you fill with glee
    And the more the glee
    The more we’re a merrier we!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gx7lz5X2vKk

11. Don’t worry, be happy! I’M not worried! What a great legacy — no one in this family can take themselves too seriously. Of course no one outside the family can take them seriously, either — but isn’t that the point?
    Love it,
    Kate

12. The title of this story is an invitation to laugh; just reading it makes you smile. It was a relaxed interview and as the interviewee described the tape of one hour of laughter, it just makes you remember the times you have laughed with friends over nothing and you know it is nothing, but you continue to laugh at everything. The jokes at the end are priceless. Thank you both for sharing this story.

13. Katie – this is so great. I love how it gets sillier as it goes on, and hearing your muffled laughter in the background because you know what stories are coming is hilarious. Great production too – I like how you kept it to just your voice and your mom’s voice, it really helps focus on the people, the relationship and what’s being said. It is impossible to listen to this and not smile.

14. Katie: How wonderful! Thank you for sharing such a fun interview! Knowing the Weaver family is knowing laughter! You know how important that is to me!
    I would love to hear more stories and I especially enjoy the “mom’s favorite” conversations between you all because I spent a lifetime with my siblings doing the same….Bill Cosby was right! They still refer to her as “MY mom” and we still laugh! That’s truly a sign of a great mom…..each child is convinced they know who she really loves best! You should interview Angela (babysitter of Weaver kids) for some more amazing/frightening stories! Thanks for starting my day with a good laugh and some fun memories of my own past! Ann

15. Katie I thought you guys did a great job with the interview. Your Mom had some great stories to tell and I couldn’t help but laugh along with you. Great job!